I wonder
sometimes I wonder how much he knewof all the things his love would put him through
did he ever pass a three along his way
and know it was the very three he'd die upon someday
and if he did, did his heart break
every time he passed it on the street
I wonder if he ever thought
that three I made will be...
the death of me
oh, the irony of his carpentry
did it serve as a reminder of his legacy
and did he bear it constantly
building with the nails that tore his body
and if he did, did his heart break
every time the metal broke the beam
I wonder if he thought
a nail like this will be...
the death of me
well, I may never know what crossed his mind
but there's one more question hanging on inside
did he ever think of me
two thousand years
somewhere across the sea
and if he did, did his heart break
even though he died so willingly
I wonder if he ever thought
my love for her will be...
the death of me

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home